Sunday, March 12, 2017

The Beginning

     When I was told that I would be creating a two minute film opening, I was excited. I have always had a passion for films. Watching movies was all I did during the summer, with each movie adding new knowledge and new ideas to my head. I have always known that the movie making process was extensive. From the plot idea to the set design, and everything in between. So now that I actually get to be a part of this process, my first question is, where do I start?
     I decided to start by looking at multiple film openings from various films. I learned that these film openings are important because they are the first impression of the movie. While looking for examples, I came across lists such as "10 Memorable Film Openings". I think lists like these are inspiring. The goal of my group's film opening is to be memorable and different.  The opening needs to hook the target audience and set a certain tone that will be relevant throughout the whole film. Some examples include The Matrix, The Shining, Silence of the Lambs, and Silver Linings Playbook. These examples showed the different kinds of film openings that can be present. I also thought it would be important to research any correct order for the names in the opening credits. I found a list of the names to be displayed and will refer back to this webpage while actually producing the film opening.
     I am excited to be starting this project and will report to this blog throughout the process of the production.

No comments:

Post a Comment